I am a commercial photographer specialising in location work - primarily corporate documentary and large product (e.g. architecture). I help you to easily and visually show your clients where your company is different from your competition.
Lately, I’ve also served as creative consultant and director to ensure a consistent visual look and feel across all aspects of a campaign, including video/ commercials, printed materials and exhibitions – right down to lighting design. It’s no longer just about the visuals: it’s about the experience and the emotion, too.
Photography is both my profession and passion. I’ve shot commercial assignments since 2004, and been a full time pro since 2012. I’m a physicist by training – I graduated from Oxford at 16 – and subsequently left a senior corporate career in M&A/ private equity (and more recently, as a senior exec director of McDonalds) because it simply wasn’t what I wanted to do.
I have a diverse international client base including Koenigsegg, Nissan, Chun Wo Engineering and Construction, Jaeger Le-Coultre, Van Cleef & Arpels, Maitres du Temps, Richemont, the Swatch Group, Hijjas Kasturi Architects, Tange Associates Architects, Sunway Group, Maybank, Eastern & Oriental, The Boston Consulting Group, several Michelin star chefs including Fergus Henderson and Bruno Menard, The City of London and Moon Travel Guides. I also maintain a library of over 250,000 high-resolution images available to license, both directly and via Getty Images. In addition, I currently serve as Chief of Strategy at Hasselblad, and appointed a Hasselblad Global Ambassador in early 2016. I am also a Nikon Professional Services member in the UK and consultant to Carl Zeiss AG. I also contribute to various international photography publications and was previously Contributing Editor to CLICK! Magazine, Malaysia from 2005-9 and was Editor for 2010.
Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss a project, request a quote, or a specific portfolio of images. In addition, limited edition fine art prints are available from time to time either directly through me, or my representatives Sebastian Turner at Alisan Fine Arts, Hong Kong or Dan Tamarkin at The Rangefinder Gallery, Chicago.
Behind the scenes video
Exhibitions/ In the media:
- Joint: 'Un/Natural', with Stephen King, Alisan Fine Arts, Hong Kong (5 Dec 2015-15 Jan 2016)
- Solo: ‘The Idea of Man’, The Rangefinder Gallery, Chicago (2-31 Oct 2015)
- Solo: ‘Connection’, Hong Kong Arts Centre, Hong Kong, (11-17 June 2015)
- Solo: ‘Engineering Art in Metal’, The Centre for Asian Photographers, Kuala Lumpur (3-31 Jan 2014)
- Interviewed on the official Carl Zeiss blog on food photography (14 Oct 2013)
- DSLR Magazine, cover interview/ featured photographer (Feb 2013 edition)
- Solo: ‘Diametric opposites: East and West’, Leica Gallery Starhill, Kuala Lumpur (18 Jan-18 April 2013)
- New York Times/ International Herald Tribune – interviewed on watch photography (24 Nov 2012)
- The official Leica Camera Blog – interview/ featured photographer (8 Nov 2012)
- BFM 89.9 Tech Talk on Photokina 2012 (8 October 2012)
- BFM 89.9 Tech Talk on photography (29 June 2012)
- BFM 89.9 Careers unusual (4 May 2012)
- The Edge Malaysia, p Op18 (July 2-8 Edition)
- Solo: Horological photography exhibition sponsored by Jaeger Le-Coultre and Leica Camera, at Starhill Gallery (May 2012)
- The Malaysian Reserve – commentary on democratisation of the industry and local support in Malaysia (14 Sep 2012)